Monday, March 12, 2012

Eggs: Also for Bouncy Hair

My mom recently bought a book entitled Herbal Home Remedies by Jude Todd. 

Photo from: http://www.paperbackswap.com/Herbal-Home-Remedies-Jude-C-Todd/book/8180565505/


I totally worship this book! I mean it's amazing and I can't wait to try out all the interesting stuff written here and share it with all of you! And the best thing is my mom has this herbal garden business so getting my hands on those herbs are easy, breezy and free. I'm such a lucky girl!

Today, I'm posting a review on this book's shampoo substitute. And I bet every person reading this can do it as soon as they read it. 

What you need: 

Egg
Vinegar-rinse

Photo from: https://www.organicbuyersgroup.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=740


All you have to do is beat the egg before taking a bath. Massage it on your scalp. I like to leave it on while I soap myself and then rinse my hair with the vinegar-rinse and water.

As for the vinegar-rinse, use the recipe here. But instead of using everything, put it in your empty and clean shampoo bottles so you can use it every time you need it. Pour enough vinegar-rinse on your hair then rinse with water. Do this twice a week. 

So what I thought of it? After my bath, my hair already felt different. It felt thicker and heavier. I did this shampoo substitute for two consecutive days. If there is something to complain about this recipe, it is that the egg smell stays even with the vinegar. So you better wash really well.

I remember when I was a teenager, my mom and I would put mayonnaise on our hair and it would come out just beautiful. Mayo is basically eggs and olive oil. So maybe egg really is the secret! 

When making leche flan, we put  lemon or lime to remove the smell of eggs. Maybe I should try putting vanilla. Leche Flan scent on my hair. Hmm. 

Photo from: http://muchamunch.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/i-heart-leche-flan-2/
      
I didn't really notice the wonderful effects of this shampoo substitute until I was back to using my commercial shampoo. My hair was manageable even if it's just air-dried. I'm also doing DIY Highlights and after this shampoo substitute, I could see that my hair has really lightened! Biking under the sun has really paid off! And to add to this, my hair is shiny and tangle-free! And I don't brush because I have curly hair. 

All in all, I love this DIY shampoo. I'm definitely doing this twice a week and I'm adding lemons and vanilla.  Leche flan-scented hair anyone?  

No comments:

Post a Comment