Wednesday, March 14, 2012

DIY Fresh Mint Chocolate Ice Cream

A new twist to an already tested recipe! I've posted before about DIY Ice Cream.  I've always wanted to try mint ice cream and since my parents have java mint (also used on my DIY Fresh Mint Choco Chip cookies), I thought I might as well make ice cream. 

What you will need:

2 all-purpose cream
20 fresh Java mint leaves
1 can condensed milk
1 c. chopped chocolate

So same recipe as DIY ice cream only difference is that we'll be heating the cream in a sauce pan in low fire with 20 leaves of Java mint. Do not boil. Keep stirring the cream until there are bubbles at the side of the pan. Remove from heat and cover pan for 30 minutes. This is what you call steeping. The same thing is done when you make tea. 

After 30 minutes, sift the tea leaves and press it down so all the flavor will go to the cream. Refrigerate cream for about 2 hours or until it looks thick and not runny. Whip it until soft peak. Add chocolate chips to your condensed milk and fold into whipped mint cream. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until it has solidified.

Get your Peppermint at Php60/seedling. 
Visit https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more details. 

I got this idea from Simply Recipes and merged it with the easy recipe I got. Turned out well except that again, I dread bittersweet chocolate. (Just a little more and the bittersweet chocolate will all be gone from the pantry. *Evil laugh*)

But it does look good, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment