Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY Blackhead Removal

I don't know about you but I hate pain. And blackhead pricking sounds like a trip to the doctor with the dreaded needle to me. For years, I have tried to look for the best way to get rid of what my mom loves to call "herd of blackheads" found in my nose. I kind of wish they paid rental fees. Yes, it's that bad. And I am way over puberty to have this much. 

I have done my research on the matter. Though it is true that outside forces like pollution, dirt and everything else that can get into your pores are pretty much to blame for such an outbreak, there are still other factors to consider. It can also be caused by oily skin. And this is pretty much the reason why you shouldn't put too much moisturizer in blackhead infested areas like for example, your nose. That is, if you are oily. 

Another observation I had made is that blackheads are like grass. Pull them up and sooner or later they are back in the game, stealthily if you ask me. And so I knew that there was no cure or a weapon for annihilating for this. It's something that I should live with. As they say, men and children complain, women deal with it. 

So I have tried everything from blackhead scrubs to nose strips of foreign languages I don't understand. I've tried Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil Scrub. I love it because it makes my face feel smooth but... it has nothing against my blackheads - they take a lot after me. As for the nose strips, it has nothing against my blackheads' powerful defenses. But I have come to understand that as long as you keep searching for answers, you will find one soon enough. And I have found my answer, one depressing day.

An acquaintance did a facial demo of her kit on me and you can imagine my amazement when not only did the kit give my face a non-surgical facelift but also pulled out my blackheads! I was so amazed that I thought it was a miracle... SMOOTH NOSE SURFACE! I knew I got to have it.

I bought this facial kit after just one try. 




It's so simple to use. You just mix 1 tsp. of powder and 1 tsp. of the activator and brush upwards. To remove the blackheads, you  apply one ply tissue cut in half and brush mixture again on top of it. Then chill out for 30 minutes. I do this while watching TV, usually when I catch cartoons or my favorite reality shows on E! After 30 minutes, you just pull the tissue like you would with a nose strip and wash your face with water. I don't suggest anything too funny because the mask will harden and I hope you can imagine just what I mean. Really, it's a no-brainer.

The good thing about it is there are no restrictions after. Unlike with pricking, you can't wet your face for a few hours much like when you wax your legs. And can I say that how can you go out if your face looked like it had a bout with Pacman. After this DIY facial, you can put on your heels, hit the town and flaunt your 5-year younger and blackhead free face!

But just a disclaimer, it won't remove 100% of your blackheads. One thing is for sure though, it removes much more when I went under the pricking before. This I can definitely attest.

Well, I'm not complaining. Been using it since August last year once a week and I still think it's awesome (just as long as you are not allergic to eggs). At 25 uses per kit, it lasts me a good 6 months. If you ask me, that's good value for money that makes me feel like a million dollars!

Want the step-by-step instructions? Click HERE

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the step by step instructions! I’ll be doing this DIY next week. I hope I can get positive results :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Kallony

    ReplyDelete