Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIY Waxing

So I have mutant blackheads and the same goes for my hair. I used Veet until recently. I've tried the spray, cream and the strips. But it takes an allergic reaction gone wild to make me stop using Veet. My legs were a disaster and had wounds all over here. And that was when I realized that it was time to go organic on this one as well.

There are a lot of waxing clinics that started sprouting here in BF Homes but my favorite of which is Lay Bare which has a lot of branches all over the Philippines. My favorite branch of which is the one in Festival Mall. And my favorite waxer is Cristy! She's not only good with her hands but she's so friendly too! We've become fast friends after I first had my waxing done with her. And I would totally recommend her to others!

But sometimes I get TOO busy that I don't have the time to go out of my way to have someone wax me up! And that was when I discovered Strip It in the internet.

Image from: http://strip-it.blogspot.com/



It's made of mainly sugar, honey and drops of kalamansi (Philippine lemon). No harmful chemicals and no heating. You just apply the sugar syrup downward onto skin, put the washable cloth that comes with the kit and then pull upward! Hair out! Gorgeous exfoliated skin in! I think it's the same thing they use in waxing salons here.


I've tried it on my legs. The 200 ml kit serves two uses for me (just for the legs). It costs Php200 inclusive of delivery. It was okay but it proves to be hard to do because you can't really pull everything out and I had to put myself through different positions just to get everything covered. Learning curve. But it proves to be easy to apply on the underarms. When you go to a waxing salon, underarm waxing is charged around Php150 per visit.

Well, I'm not going back to shaving with my DIY underarm shaving. Not only does it save time, it's economical and chemical-free. When you wax, hair growth tends to be slower. For the underarms, it's said to take three weeks before you need to do it again. So that really makes me a mutant. As for the legs, waxing can last you almost 3 months. Again, I am a mutant.

Just a quick tip, if you're going to wax it's best to moisturize well days before. I waxed myself last year, I think I had dry skin then and I had breakouts when hair on my legs started to grow. I couldn't wear a skirt for a long time. Also remember to follow the instructions in the manual of the kit because there are precautions there that you cannot wash waxed part with soap as well as no exposure after waxing  to avoid allergic reaction.

Photo from: http://weddings-plaza.com/perfect-legs/

Happy DIY waxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment