Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIY Look Younger


♫ Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine

Heal what has been hurt
Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine

What once was mine 

I wanted to get the original version of Mother Gothel's Healing Incantation but I couldn't find any on Youtube. But I did find this version done well. 

Anyway... The point of posting this video is to make us realize that modern times tell us that there are no longer wonderful magic flowers from droplets of the sun that can make us look younger by chanting above lyrics. Too bad huh? 

Not so fast! We may not have magical flowers or magical girls with 30 feet of blonde hair that when we sing to will automatically heal and make us younger but we have technology and a little drop of organic sun of our own that we should celebrate!

For technology... I give you the Galvanic Spa.





It really works wonders. I'm still young so it doesn't show any drastic changes but it does give the lift without the botox injections. My problem areas though are the bags under my eyes. After using it, my friends tell me that it lightened and my skin feels soft and smooth and velvety and I had a glow in my face that was super! I tried it on my dad before and my mom said he looked like a ballet dancer. I don't know what exactly she meant but my mom's really good at giving pseudo-compliments like that.  

I use it with the Facelift kit that I have to remove the blackheads in my nose and I notice my DIY nose strip removes more blackheads than when I don't use the Galvanic Spa. For older people, changes are immediate and you can really see the difference. What I like to do is do half of the face first so that you can compare the treated and untreated part. It's scary when you see this because you can see that your face goes lopsided! The best part of this is this baby takes just 10 minutes to do on the entire face. Constant use is anti-aging as well. Tried and tested!

No hiking to the mountains to get to the magic flower, no effort on trying to hide it in a tower, it's available in the market, portable and just as effective! People think it's a little expensive. I don't really know why. At Php21,500, you get the Galvanic spa and the treatment gels good for 24 uses. I think it's worth it because I know I won't be using it for just one year. I'll probably use it for years! 

I used to go to facials and I spend Php700 every time I go. Imagine, if I go to facial in all 52 weeks in a year, I'll be spending Php36,400. Mind you, that doesn't include my fare and the food I eat when I go the mall where the facial clinic is. And I eat a lot.  I think the Galvanic Spa is way more economical. It's quick, you can do it at home or bring it anywhere, no paying fares if you're doing it at home plus it helps that I don't need to go to the mall often, I seem to find something to buy when I'm there. After you finish the gels, you can just get them for Php5,000, which is already good for 3 months if you do it weekly. Just saying. 

As for the organic drop of sun, I present you Human Nature's Sunflower oil!

Photo from: http://herroyalbleakness.blogspot.com/2011/05/grapes-of-wrath.html
This baby has a lot of benefits; it's moisturizing to your skin, hair and it's said to be anti-aging. I love this so because it's not as greasy as olive oil. I mean I love you olive oil but let's face it, you're way too greasy on my skin and hair that I can't use you daily. You take about 2 baths before all traces of you are gone! But you're special, so you're for my special occasions. *Wink* 

The best part that I love about Sunflower oil is its promise that it can lighten my eye bags and reduce lines under the eyes. I have deep-set eyes and I know that even if I obsess about my eye bags, it won't be going away soon. Born with it. But the lines under my eyes? That's a different story. I had them ever since I was in college. Those were the days when sleep was a luxury. I had three thin lines under my left eye then and seven under my right. Thankfully the number hasn't changed since then. I was worried about crow's feet before too but thankfully I think Sunflower oil has suspended it's public appearance. 

Let's face it if you want a wrinkle-free face, you have to keep moisturizing it. Same story with stretch marks, if you don't want it, keep your body moisturized. I'm bathing my future daughter in moisturizing oils when she's a teenager to avoid my stretch mark misery. 

For me, Human Nature's Sunflower oil does a great job. Been using it for almost a month now and I'm seeing results. I get out without making up but not without this and sunblock. I even use it as a base for my make-up. I put this before applying my wonderful tinted moisturizer that's foundation, SPF and concealer in one. It makes my face have that glow and smooth, supple look. 

But one of the noted effects of this just happened to me over the weekend. I did general cleaning of my tiny office at my house. I'm allergic to dust so my face itched and I made this HUGE mistake by accidentally scratching both side of my nose near the eyes. It scabbed the next day and I kept my scabbed face for another but I kept applying Sunflower oil and after two days, I woke up as if nothing happened! The scabs were removed probably when I was sleeping and it didn't leave a noticeable scar! If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is!

And I'm sure if Mother Gothel knew about this, she wouldn't have kept Rapunzel in that tower. But then again, there would be no story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment