Sunday, March 18, 2012

Java Minty Tea Bath

I had a lot of Java mint spare when my parents harvested for the Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip cookies and the Mint Chocolate ice cream I made for them so I figured why not air dry it and make a tea bath out of it. 


This baby came from my mom's garden. Pretty thing, isn't it? Smells great too. 

Air-drying takes about 3 days. I used about 3 tbsps. worth of dried leaves before putting them in boiling bath water. I left it to boil for another 20 minutes. At around 15th minute, the house was filled with the sweet, refreshing smell of Java mint. My mom noticed it first. I completely forgot about heating the water with tea leaves in it. Ha! This is why I do not cook! But, it was incredible like a whole-house aromatherapy session. But the smell just doesn't stay too long. Too bad. 

The bath was incredible. I currently use mentholated shampoo because when it changes weather a lot, I tend to get dandruff. What I notice about Java mint bath is that it's not as mentholated as what we use in commercial shampoos and body washes. It's a lot milder and the smell doesn't stick so long as all good things but the effects are to be in love with. My hair was really shiny and soft and manageable right after and no itch! I had my mom feel my hair and she said it was like a horse's. And I take that as a compliment. 

After talking about a lot of tea baths here, you might think that all tea baths are made the same. Well, no. I'm just lucky that so far because I've tried good teas that have great effect on hair and body. My mom has tried Lagundi tea bath, although it has warmed her entire body on cold days, it didn't make her hair look as nice. So not all tea baths are made the same but I am starting to believe that all are awesome for skin. I haven't used lotion for weeks (apart from the fact that it's summer)  and I can tell you it's far from being dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment