Wednesday, March 7, 2012

DIY Hair Spa

My mom has been keeping secrets from me. And this is a good one. I've been telling her for weeks now that her hair looks more wonderful than usual. Her secret, VINEGAR. Her last rinse in the bath is aloe and vinegar but she mainly used vinegar to be a preservative of aloe vera because it starts to smell after awhile. I researched about vinegar and its benefits when used on hair and apparently a lot of people already know about this the secret behind vinegar.

Image from: http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/all-natural-cleaning-solutions/vinegar-0


So vinegar... Who knew right? I certainly did not. And when I found out about it this afternoon, I tried it out immediately.

So this is what you'll need:

2 cups of warm water
1 Tbsp. of vinegar (any kind you want)

Basically, you're going to mix this together and then use it as a last rinse when you take a bath. You leave it on for 30 minutes then rinse it again to remove the vinegar smell. 

I've tried this and it's wonderful! The effect is immediate. After the last rinse, I noticed my hair feels different already. I just air dried my hair after the second rinse and it was manageable and shiny and not a whiff of vinegar! Usually my hair does not know which way to go at this point so I cannot get over the fact that it's down and easy with just vinegar! 

I read here that you can do it as much at three times a week. I'm definitely doing it weekly! It's a good antiseptic for skin too and hey, it kills mildew in the bathroom. Three birds with one stone all for the price of vinegar!  

No comments:

Post a Comment