Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What to do with Expired Chamomile Tea Bags

Our next door neighbor gave us a box of organic chamomile tea bags from London about a year ago. But being busy people that we are, we forget things. And two days ago I found out that it already expired.

Photo from: http://www.whittard.co.uk/tea/herbal/organic_camomile_caffeine_free_herbal_25_teabags.htm
Honestly, I found it a waste to just throw it away so I found a different use for it that's just as effective as the oral intake. I used it in my bath. 

I placed in hot bath water 3 bags of this baby. I shampooed and scrubbed with loofa and rinsed out with chamomile tea.  


I knew of the calming properties of chamomile as a drink and as an essence but as a tea bath, who knew? I was so relaxed right after, you'd think I came from the spa. 


I was well-aware that chamomile can be used for highlighting hair for blondes but not of the other benefits of bathing hair with chamomile tea. My hair was so soft and shiny after. Conditioner got nothing on chamomile tea! And it is said to lighten eye bags too. I have yet to try this!

Which reminds me, I have expired stevia tea bags too - but that's another story. Expired tea bags rock!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment