Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lighten Skin with Lemon & Salt Bath

Last night I was showing my mom the effect of my trial homemade bronzer, which was basically just cocoa powder brushed on my cheeks. I even went under the light so she can see clearly. But instead of noticing my bronzed cheeks, she noticed how clear my skin was. 

Days before she told me as I was under the light that I had eruptions and last night she told me otherwise! I do tea baths almost everyday but yesterday I did something completely different. I bathed in lemon with salt. (We're missing the Tequila here!)

I heated some water, added about 9 Kalamansi (Philippine lemon) and added the salt after turning off the heat. Salt will make it hard for the heater to do its job because of its cooling effects.  

My hair was shiny but it wasn't as soft or manageable as when I did my Stevia, Java Mint and Chamomile bath. But it was very shiny. My skin look like it lightened too. I wear T-shirts a lot and the sunburn just below my collar bone is a mainstay for me. But after doing this, my skin visibly lightened in this area. It is not suggested to do this bath everyday because it might be harmful. But if you want lighter skin and clearer complexion, lemon and salt are your kitchen-go to.

Photo from: http://www.ericcressey.com/sodium-intake-is-salt-bad-for-you

No comments:

Post a Comment