Tuesday, March 6, 2012

DIY Hand and Foot Spa

In my last post about Sunflower Oil, I sort of bashed Olive oil and I feel bad about it. So I'm posting it to make up to it! Ha ha!

I was in National Bookstore when I read from a beauty book about Sugar scrub. Now, I don't know about you but it was the first time I've heard of it because when I go to the spa or nail salons, all I ever get are salt scrubs with different scents like strawberry and mint. The idea of a sugar scrub was already very attractive to me since I am a sweet tooth. I tried it as soon as I got home and all I can say is I loved it.

What was so good about it was it was so easy to prepare. It's just olive oil and sugar. I didn't measure it anymore. You can already gauge by looking. There has to be more sugar than olive oil but you have to make sure that the sugar is coated by enough olive oil.

I first scrubbed my feet. It's like an automatic 2-in-1 hand and foot spa because it works your hand and foot at the same time. I'm so ticklish so I rarely have a foot spa done. I thought if I did it myself, it wouldn't tickle as bad but it still did. After this self-pampering, I was the happiest person on earth. My feet and hands were as soft and smooth as my face. I wish I was kidding too but no! It's really true.

There were additional instructions like put a drop of olive oil in your hand moisturizer before applying before bed and to cover hands with cotton gloves and feet with socks but I didn't go the extra-mile anymore. I was pretty content. I was exfoliated and happy. My friend does a sugar scrub on her body once a month and she said it's just as great. I tried it but I find the clean-up a little problematic with all the ants around. I guess that's why salt scrubs make better body scrubs than sugar. But for my hands and feet, I go sugar all the way!

I used white sugar for this one but that's because I am not using Muscovado or Coconut sugar yet. That's your organic option. When I finish all my white sugar, I'm trying out any of these two brown sugars next. Looks luscious and sinful, don't you think?

Photo from: http://mysocalblog.com/2012/02/diy-%E2%99%A5-beauty-%E2%99%A5-brown-sugar-body-scrub-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment