Tuesday, March 13, 2012

DIY Sexy Thighs

After posting about two wonderful cakes and thinking about making mint chocolate ice cream and caramel frosting, I think it's about time I thought of posting something about fitness. And what better way to offset these wonderful craving than working on our booties. 

I've obsessed about my thighs and have done self-cellulite massage and have discovered in my first blood donation that it can be thigh-slimming. I wish I was kidding too but my pants were really loose on the thigh area after my blood donation. But mind you, it's not the be and all of slimming down your already wonderful pair of thighs. 

I've began exercising regularly starting January 3 and I have since focused on my thigh size reduction. I measured myself before beginning with my exercise and by the first week of March (blood donation not included), I've already lost 1 inch not only on my thighs but also my arms and waist. And I'm going to share some of the things, I've done after days of searching the internet for the best way to lose all the unwanted gravity on my body. 

Since I have very low attention span, I only do these for 30 minutes. 

1. Walking 
2. Brisk walking and jogging 
3. Biking
4. Home Exercises - include warm-up exercises and other movements that target the thighs. 

Home Exercises



Apart from 100 counts of skipping rope, squatting to going all the way down, jumping jacks, stair step exercise, butt squeezes, weights, sit-ups and elbow-knee reach crossovers, what I really want to share here is an exercise I discovered upon my search. It's deadly but it's very effective! It gets easy to do once you get used to it. I showed this to my best friend and she told me she had results in just two weeks along with the cellulite massage. I can really say the same. My thighs were definitely firmer after two weeks!

I like the sumo squat jumps better, which is like the reverse of a jumping jack. The curtsy lunge and side lunge done alternately is a little too deadly for me. What I like to do is do curtsy lunges and side lunges separately with 15 counts for each side and 3 repetitions. 
I guess the most effective way to get your sexy thighs is to be consistent and to exercise regularly. Mix and match exercises so that you don't overdo anything and you give your muscles time to rest. 
To keep me really motivated to exercise and to create the exercising habit, I have put up an exercise calendar. 
Photo from: http://stuff.icanhascheezburger.com/2010/06/08/cute-kawaii-stuff-june-calendar-wallpaper/cute-june-calendar-2/
Mine has pictures of cute kittens but this is just so cute and perfect for me (cupcakes)! Every time I exercise, I stamp the date with a kiss mark. 
Photo from: http://heartrouge.blogspot.com/2011/02/lip-stamp-muah-muah.html
Every time, I miss a day, I pay the next day. Meaning if I don't get to exercise for 30 minutes on one day, I exercise for one whole hour the next day. I've also placed below my calendar, the handwritten word DISCIPLINE to remind me to be disciplined about it. And it's a good reminder because I pass by it almost all the time. I still allot a day's rest from exercise. But now, when I don't do to my regular exercise patterns my body starts looking for it.  Remember, YOU are the boss of your body! Don't let it tell you what it wants to do especially when it's lazy. 
I used to want to be really slim like those Korean pop stars and weigh 50 kgs.even if its underweight for my height but a few months of exercise made me appreciate my own body. I realized that it's not the weight but the health to do the things I like doing, the glow of my skin, the shine of my hair, the clarity of my thoughts and the ability to donate blood that is more important to me. Now I'm happy with myself but it doesn't mean I'll stop taking care of it. In fact, it motivates me to look better by taking care of myself. Yes, exercise does that.  
As Laura Pirott says in her Elf-help book, Take Charge of Your Eating...
Photo from: http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780870293788
Look at your body and appreciate your physical uniqueness. Relax and be as you are, without trying to hide or wish away parts of yourself. God has lovingly made you. Marvel at the creation that you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment