Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Molasses Hair Conditioner for the Brunettes

Image from: www.huffingtonpost.com


I love Molasses. When my bakery was still up, I used molasses instead of glucose. It made and kept my cookies, crinkles, and brownies soft and chewy and it didn't over-sweeten it. Plus, it's not overly processed so it's much healthier. Thus, I love it. I love it to the very core of my being. 

I've been trying to develop my own cold wax for hair removal that didn't need heating and I just know that Molasses is party to this recipe. So I was researching like crazy when I found out that Molasses can be a good hair conditioner. So armed with Molasses, I rushed to my bathroom and gave it a go. 

I just shampooed as usual. (For people, who have oily scalps like me, it is suggested you shampoo twice. You can even do a baking soda rinse, check it out HERE. It's just as good as using shampoo.) And I used Molasses as my conditioner. Instructions in other websites say that you can leave it on for 20 minutes or use it as conditioner (you can add water if it's too thick but keep it paste-y). Personally, I prefer using hair masks as conditioner because my hair has this tendency to get too damp. Damp as in it won't dry even after days! Plus, it's a time-saver. 

I enjoyed my first-time with Molasses. It didn't leave my hair damp like other hair masks. And it also kept my hair down. I have coarse, wavy, thick hair. Need I say more? It is also said to strengthen hair and leave it with great luster and dark, rich color so it goes without saying, the blondes and redheads can't do this without compromising hair color.

As for me, I'm getting myself a pump bottle for my new, natural conditioner. Try it yourself! 


No comments:

Post a Comment