Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ginger Tea for Your Bath

Weeks ago, we were practicing for my choir's first concert EVER! With little time to prepare, we practice for hours almost three times a week and with the current weather that's more bipolar than I am when I am on my period, our instruments were in it for some throat setbacks. And our go to? Why Ginger Tea (More popularly known as Salabat here)! And of course, it helped with it's soothing, spicy hot number.

Everything I intake, I research over the Internet for some confirmation. And in my surfing, I found out that Ginger Tea has a lot of skin benefits when you put it in your bath like detoxification, soothes aches and pains, for colds & fever, good blood circulation! And yes it helps soothe menstrual cramps too! I've also read somewhere (I don't remember where, Sorry!) that it's good for dandruff, Psoriasis and removing scars (oooh.)

And of course, being the tea bath girl that I am (try other tea baths like Java Mint, Stevia & Chamomile too),  I decided to try it out. I didn't use any oils. Just good old ginger chopped up. 



What you will need:

A bucket of water
Chopped Ginger
Heater

Instructions:

Place chopped ginger in bucket of water and heat for 20 minutes (The same goes with Ginger tea for oral intake. You can keep reusing while the flavor is still there. It gets spicier every boil.) Add water for the bath and bathe like the usual.

My verdict:

I was suffering from allergies when I tried this. (I got this allergies from trying old perfumes if they have expired. I should charge myself hazard pay. Perfumes are only good for two years. Longer than that and I assure you, you will get bad allergies like mine. I better find a good way for to use these perfumes.) 

It was a concern for me if this would help my allergy condition. I have taken an anti-allergy pill to help me get drowsy and ignore the itch because it's unbearable and unsightly. I rubbed some ginger on my face and body too while in the bath. I don't know if it's the medicine or the ginger but my itch patches are subsiding very quickly. Apart from feeling relaxed, I notice that my skin feels powdery soft after I have towel-dried. Even, my menstrual discomfort is lessened. 

With all these benefits, this is definitely a must do! And if it works so well with my skin, I bet it can do wonders in my scalp. And that's just the tea bath!

Concert

As for our concert, this are the videos if you want to hear them. 

Great Are Your Works

Humayo't Ihayag

I did the solo for 'Great Are Your Works' so I am a living testament that Ginger does work. Goes to show that Ginger is not only voice care material, it's skin care and hair care material too! To the next concert and next ginger bath! 

No comments:

Post a Comment