Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Good Reason to Put Down the Junk Food

Image from: www.epicurious.com


I have been aware for some time that Yellow No. 5 is cancerous. And though aware, I have been weak against the calls of craving of my favorite not-so-healthy food.

Snacks

When I go to the supermarket, I get like 3 BIG bags of junk food. But with family members left and right suffering from cancer, I am going to fight the urge and resist! Check the label of your favorite snack! You'll be surprised that you will find it, everywhere!

Instant Noodles

I love instant noodles especially when it's cold and raining. But apart from the noodles being almost made of wax, it also has *drum roll* Yellow No.5. So even if it is has special healthy ingredients in it, I will try to resist the urge to buy some of these.

Beverage

I'm a water-drinker so I'm not really a fan of other beverages unless it's fresh juices but do check your beverage for Yellow No. 5. Side note: Did you know that ice has a use in your cola? Colas use Asparteme. Asparteme turns into fire ant poison when the temperature goes higher than 30 Celsius. That's the purpose of ice. 

Candies

I believe candies have them too. So check the labels!!! Thank goodness, we still have chocolate. I better get started on making my own version of sugar-free chocolate soon. 
Here are the other cancer-causing food coloring that we have to watch out for from Cancer Causing Chemicals - We Use It Everyday. Check your cosmetics too! They put them in there too!

Confirmed Cancer Causing:
  • D&C Red No. 33 also (CI 17200)
  • FD&C Blue No.1 also (CI 42090)
  • FD&C Yellow No. 5 also (CI 19140)
  • FD&C Yellow No.6 also (CI 15985)
Dear Food Producers, please be more considerate. You have families too. I'm sure you want to take care of them. What will happen if they eat this stuff you've created? I've never been so motivated to go back and infuse organic ingredients in my baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment