Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Breast Cancer and Your Deodorant

A friend posted this on Facebook.


Just recently, my father's sister-in-law died of breast cancer. Her cancer cells were mostly under her underarm. When I read this, I felt as if this is what really caused her breast cancer. 

It's very sad that a fellow human being would produce products that could be harmful to another human being. I mean, what for? Just money? It may not be bloody but isn't it slow murder? 

Anyway, this pushed me to check my deodorant for any paraben. Luckily, it doesn't have it. I checked my lotions and moisturizer and found (guess what) Methylparaben. You might say, hey it's just topical application. But do your own research because mine came out with "Methylparaben is quickly absorbed through the skin". I am so fixing my lotion recipe after this. (I read you can make your own tinted moisturizer with a DIY lotion. Psyched!) 

Resolution: Though it is, at the moment, still impossible to go a day without carcinogenic ingredients whether in our beauty regimen or diets, awareness can help us make informed choices. We owe ourselves to take care of our bodies. And this is not a petty matter at all, because our bodies act out what our minds can conceive. Our bodies will always be the most advanced technology and it is only righteous to care for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment