Monday, October 1, 2012

Recreating the 'Churros con Chocolate' Syrup

It came as a huge surprise to me as I was in the process of making Tablea Leche Flan when the consistency of what I was making was like the Dulcinea's chocolate in 'Churros con Chocolate'! Now if you are my Twitter friend, you'll know that it's one of my absolute favorites! I post weekly about my craving for it (even after eating it). Sometimes, I lie awake at night thinking of it along with my friend's special Takoyaki and Blueberry Cheescake cookies. But you didn't have to know that.



Get your Pure Batangas Tablea at Php40/50 g. 
Visit https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more details.

As for the recipe, here it is:

2/3 c. evaporated milk
3/4 c. sugar
60 g. pure Tablea

Instructions: 

1. Put them in a sauce pan at low heat.



2. Keep stirring. Every time the mixtures gets too frothy, turn the stove off for awhile. Let the froth subside then turn the stove on again at low heat and keep stirring. Stir until there are no Tablea lumps and you achieve the consistency (3rd picture).




3. Transfer in a bowl to cool. As it gets cooler, it thickens.


Serve warm and enjoy!

Get your Pure Batangas Tablea at Php40/50 g. 
Visit https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more details.

I really wanted to make it totally organically sugar-free through the use of coconut sugar but I ran out. I'd go 100% coconut sugar for this though. Now... if I can recreate the Churros too. 

I highly suggest that you use pure cocoa Tablea. Most of the things we find in the supermarket already have milk, flour, and sugar in it. If you use pure cocoa, you can control the sugar you put into it and make it a little less sinful and waistline-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment