Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Best DIY Wax Recipe Ever!


Call me biased but I’m not going to be shy about this because when I say this is the best DIY wax recipe ever, it is the best DIY wax recipe ever. You see, I’ve tried them all. I have spent on a few kilos of white sugar, burned myself several times trying countless tutorials over the Internet but none of which were close enough to the recipe I wanted.

So what do I want in the best recipe ever? Well, for starters, I don’t like the idea of heating it before it is applied because I’ve burned myself several times due to clumsiness and overexcitement combined, and let me tell you, scars aren’t exactly nice fixtures on your legs. Second, I want it cheap, easy and something I can do myself at home. And third, easily clean up. And after several experiments, I am happy to report to you that I finally got it right and now, so can you!

What you will need:

½ c. granulated sugar
1/8 c. molasses
1/8 c. vinegar or lemon juice
¼ c. water
Pan
Spoons
Measuring Cup
Container for the Wax
Popsicle stick/Applicator
Cut cloth (Make sure not stretchable)

What to do:

  1. Melt the sugar completely in the pan in slow fire. Make sure you mix it so you avoid burning it.

2. Mix molasses, vinegar or lemon juice and water in measuring cup. Make sure it is well mixed.


3. When the sugar is completely melted, add the mixed wet ingredients into pan. Melt the sugar syrup stuck in the pan. Whenever the mixture turns frothy remove the pan from the fire until it is down to simmering point. This will avoid sugar from burning.  


4. When nothing’s stuck in the pan, transfer it to a heat-resistant container. Let it cool. Don’t seal immediately.


5.  When cool, apply mixture in area you want to pull hair. With this, a little goes a very long way so make sure you spread thinly. Put the cloth, pat it downward and pull upward. Re-do this until the wax can no longer remove hair. Just re-apply wax to skin and pat and pull.



6. To wash legs, just use water. You can also reuse the cloth and applicator/popsicle stick. Wash it by leaving it in water until all the sugar’s gone. If you have sugar wax leftovers, store them in an airtight container, preferably microwave safe. Keep the container sealed.

I couldn’t be happier about this recipe! Now I can confidently wear skirts, dresses and shorts! Try it yourself and expose those legs! Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you wait until the wax cools completely? I really want to try it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juliana! :)

    You can apply the wax while it's warm. But make sure it has cooled enough off the stove so that you don't burn yourself.

    Also, use cloth that doesn't stretch so you can wax hair off.

    Use just a little wax and apply thinly to legs. In my experience, if you apply too much it doesn't pull out any hair.

    Hope this helps! Let me know how you did! Thanks for your comments!

    P.S. You're right, it is hard to comment here. :)) I'll check what I can do about that. Thanks for the feedback! :)

    ReplyDelete