Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Lemony Nail Cleaning

Lemons, or in vernacular Kalamansi, don't just lighten your skin and give you highlights, it can also clean your nails and save you salon nail cleaning costs, satisfaction guaranteed!


What you will need:

Juice of 10 Kalamansi or one lemon
5 drops of Glycerine
Warm water
Small bowl
Nail Brush 
Nail cutter
Nail File
Moisturizer

What to do:

1. Combine everything in small bowl. 
2. Soak hands for 10-15 minutes. 
3. Scrub nails with nail brush. 
4. Wash hands with water. 
5. Cut nails and file and moisturize. 

I love this because it completely cleaned my nails. And it was so relaxing too! My mom passed by as I was doing this and told me I looked like an idiot because of the look of satisfaction on my face.
I did this for my feet too, using the same thing I used for my fingernails but I guess toe nails need more attention. I think it would be better if I rubbed Kalamansi directly to it after a warm water soak. Something I will try next week!

I found the recipe I used here. I opted for the recipe with Glycerine because I don't want my skin to dry out or anything. 

Overall, I love this for its simplicity and because I love anything that would require me to soak and chill out! Try it out yourself!  

2 comments:

  1. Can I use lime too or orange juice? Where can I buy glycerine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Yes, you can use lime or orange juice too. Check out the links below:

    http://www.ehow.com/how_5602131_rid-yellow-nails.html

    http://www.thebeautyprogram.com/bath-body/diy-orange-juice-nail-bath/

    I got my Glycerine from http://www.alysonschemical.com/

    But you can do this without the Glycerine. Just put the lemon juice into a cotton ball and apply directly into nail and scrub with a nail brush.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete