Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Baking Soda not just for your Teeth and Tiles

Photo from: http://thegloss.com/beauty/baking-soda-natural-acne-treatment-825/


I've known for the longest time that baking soda, apart from being a staple ingredient in cookies and anything baked and has chocolate in it, that it is also a great teeth whitener and even a great tile cleaner with vinegar. So, imagine my surprise when I read in Simple Mom that it is also a great substitute for shampoo too!


 What you will need:


1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of Baking Soda


Instructions:



Wet hair and pour mixture over scalp and massage scalp as you would with your shampoo and rinse. 

Simple Mom said that it can last about a week for her and her hubby but they have short hair while I have thick hair below my shoulders so when I tried this today, I literally poured everything out. Excited much? But I could tell you this much, my hair felt so much different upon dousing the mixture in my hair and as it went down the tips. 

It is highly recommended that you conditioner hair also using Apple Cider (preferably) o really any kind of vinegar as a vinegar hair rinse. Get the recipe here.  

I just air-dried my hair and I can tell you this much... I can stop touching it because it's soft and velvety and that's in hot weather. Goodbye fly-away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment