Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Baking Soda: Face Mask

I do baking soda on my teeth with my toothpaste once a week, worked it up on my scalp and legs and so this morning I asked myself, why haven't I tried it on my face yet?

Without a moment to lose, I searched the net for the green light to go try it on my face and the green light I found!

Image from: www.newhealthadvisor.com

Apparently, our household baking soda is good for exfoliation plus it's very mild. It is said to even  remove acidic impurities that is usually in our commercial facial scrubs. According to TLC Style, you can add it to your facial wash, thrice a week. Other sites say that it is safe to use as a face mask. So I put them to the test. 

What you will need:

1 tsp. baking soda
Water, enough to make paste

Mix them together and apply to face as you would with a scrub and leave for 10 minutes. 

My verdict:

You know the feeling when you're over-excited and all instructions go down the drain? Well, that happens to me a lot. Thankfully, baking soda is mild. I think I used 1 tbsp. and I placed everything on my face and part of my neck.

I didn't last 10 minutes. I probably made it to 3 minutes tops! I had to wash it off because my face because I felt like my face was getting irritated. I was able to taste a bit of the solution and I tell you, it ain't pretty. I washed off with water and placed toner to close my pores.

Now if it wasn't for my lapse of judgment, I think I might have really enjoyed the process. But who cares when I am really enjoying the results? I am starting to have breakouts because I am days away from my period but after this treat, my breakouts looked smaller and my nose is a lot smoother. There are no medical evidences that baking soda helps alleviate acne but there have been several like me who have seen results. I love that my face is so soft. I should really stop touching it. 

Just remember to follow instructions. You have been warned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment