Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ubran Green Chic Vintage Rag Curls

I have never encountered rag curls in my entire life until I came across Making Do with the not so New and the Frugal Things I Do's Rag Curlers entry. And from there, I tried to do it myself. 

What you will need:

Wet Hair
Comb
Rag strips
Shower Cap or a kerchief

I found several great tutorials worth checking out for wonderful rag curls:


They have awesome pictures!

But if you're like me who is in dire need of a video tutorial, below is Michelle Phan's rag curl tutorial.


As for my neophyte rag curls:



Ha! Not bad! You see my hair is bipolar, the roots to about half of my hair is curly and the other half is wavy but definitely much straighter. I'd love my hair more if it went another way around. But these big curls are something to be in love with. I used to not want my crazy hair but this... I might as well worship it!

I had a hard time at first because my hair is a layered cut so when I curl my hair some bunch of strands fall off.  But these things can definitely be learned! They say you can do this before bed and when you wake up in the morning, all you have to do if release the curls. I wonder if this will work for people who can't stay put while sleeping? I hope it does. I pray it does! Because it's definitely something worth trying (or doing everyday) for healthy and high hair-esteem, lower electric bill, and being urban green chic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment