Monday, July 9, 2012

Tarragon Tea: Calm in a Cup

I've never been a fan of Tarragon until today. I've recently started working full-time and of course, like anything in life, I was adjusting. But I was adjusting so badly, it came to the point that I thought I was having an Adjustment Disorder (Think every form of escapism and shrink here). Note: Don't rely on the Internet to diagnose yourself. You have been warned.  So this morning, I asked my mother if there is such a thing as over-the-counter CALMING medicine. And it was then when my mom suggested that I take Tarragon tea. (For more of my mom's best herbal and herb advice, visit https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/)



Tarragon tea, according to my mom, calm nerves. I never really enjoyed Tarragon in food but as tea, it was just heavenly. It reminded me of licorice but milder in flavor. It was indeed calming. I had it all day in the office and  I was alert enough. And I got a lot more work done because I was relaxed. And the smell is awesome too! I like how it filled the office with a homey - not so corporate - smell. I researched a bit and found out that it's good for digestion and detox. 

Image from:  http://bluepalletoncanvas.wordpress.com/

But the biggest surprise to me was how it relieved my Dysmennorhea, which explains my hormotional behavior. Don't listen to your emotions all the time especially on those days. Usually on my first day, I feel so much discomfort even when I'm sitting down. But today, I didn't feel so much pain. I was even energetic for a 30-minute stroll.

Get your Tarragon at Php60/seedling. 
Visit https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more details. 

I've read that Tarragon essential oil does this pain reliever job. But hey, why bother when you can get it in a cup? 

What you will need:

Tarragon leaves (dried or fresh)
Hot cup of water

What to do:

Steep for 10 minutes and enjoy. You can refill the cup as many times. 

The ideal intake a day is three cups. I think I had 6 today. Dried leaves are said to be more stable. But I like fresh leaves because they smell better and taste much sweeter.

Get your Tarragon at Php60/seedling. 
Visit https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more details. 

This is good for insomniacs too. Take a cup of Tarragon tea an hour before bed. Calm days and sweet dreams everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment