Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Honey-Cinnamon Glaze For Your Face

I came across 22 Homemade Body Scrubs, Masks and Lotion Recipes by Tip Junkie and like any DIY personal care junkie, I literally flipped out! I can't wait to try all of these things! As I was scrolling through my latest find I saw, The Miracle Mask. It contains only three ingredients that suggestively smells oh-so-good; honey, nutmeg and cinnamon. *Bites lower lip*

I don't have nutmeg because I'm not really a fan. But I did have honey and cinnamon so I decided to take a plunge. 

What you will need:

2 tbsp. Honey
1 tsp. Cinnamon
A bowl and a spoon


What to do:

Mix and apply to face. Lie down and listen to Mindy Gledhill's songs for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.



Verdict:

Quantity: This recipe is for three people. I tried it the other day and I had a lot of left over so I shared it with my mom. I tried to convince my dad but he's too macho for honey and cinnamon.  My mom still had enough to put a thin layer on her arms and neck as well. It was kind of messy though. So if you're the only one using it, try to cut the recipe in half so that you don't spoil anything. 

As a mask: It really smells good. I felt like a Krispy Kreme donut basking at this mask's glory. But my mom and I felt a bit of itch using this. We can be allergic to one of the ingredients so please be reminded that before using it on test it on your wrist before applying the whole thing. Thankfully, the itch didn't blotch and we still came out with lovely exfoliated skin. 

Face Massage: Since my face itched a bit, I couldn't sit still and just let it happen. I started massaging my face and boy, was it relaxing. The smell of cinnamon was circulating and it was just heavenly. I didn't matter if I was doing my own face massage because it was so good. 

Remember: When massaging your face, only use your beauty fingers (middle and ring finger) because these two fingers don't have the same pressure as your other fingers, all your fingers all together, or your palm. Our faces are very sensitive that the skin follows the form of the pressure you apply to it. Scary isn't it? So use your beauty fingers and always do an upward-outward circular motion whether you are cleansing, exfoliating, putting toner or moisturizing. It's anti-aging and it's free. 

All in all, I love this mask with the face massage. It made my skin really soft and it really smelled good. And when I washed my face, I didn't mind tasting it a bit (it's really good). If this isn't skin food, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment