Monday, July 23, 2012

Make Your Own Body Wash

I've been a Dove girl ever since I was little. I have sensitive skin and so nothing else will do! A couple of weeks back, I was researching about how to make your own soap when I came across "Make Your Own Body Wash" from the wonderful blog called One Good Thing by Jillee and yesterday I tried her recipe for making my own Dove Body Wash.   

What you're going to need:

1 Bar of Dove Soap 
Grater
2 c. Mineral Water
Medium Sauce Pan
Spoon to Stir
Glass Bowl to Cool
Pump Bottle

What to do:
1. Grate Dove soap bar.


2. Put in sauce pan, add water and heat until soap is completely dissolved. Stir every now and then. 



3. Put in glass bowl to cool. Takes about 2 hours. 



4. Transfer to Pump Bottle and allow to set for 24 hours to achieve desired consistency. Enjoy!


I love the idea of a body wash because I think it's more economical. When I use Dove bar soap, a lot of it stick to my soap dish. With a homemade body wash, you get to use every bit of soap. Plus, it lessens your carbon foot print since you will be using just one pump bottle unlike when you keep buying body washes. 


I'm a PRACTICAL Dove Girl. And I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment