Thursday, August 30, 2012

Donor Card

I've been wanting to get my donor card for years. I wanted to make it special like getting it on my birthday but my schedule just wouldn't permit. But finally on Aug. 29, I was able to drop by National Kidney Institute and get my donor card.


Getting this is really easy. You just go to NKTI (National Kidney Transplant Institute). Look for HOPE Office. It's located at the 4th flr. in one of the buildings (Yes, I got lost). You just sign up and they're going to give you cards as many as you request. 

You just fill out the information below and have two people sign as witnesses. And make sure your next of kin is aware of this too. Then you put it in your wallet where it will be easy to find. And there you have it, your own donor card. 


But I guess the more challenging part of this is trying to live a healthy lifestyle so that someone else might be given the chance to live a proper life through our current devices. This, to this day, remains to be one of my greatest motivations to live healthy. I don't just want to be organic fertilizer when I die. I just don't want to be immortalized through family stories. I want to extend my life by giving someone else the chance to live and see the world. Now, that would be a life well-lived. Just no wishing, I have to use this soon!

Get yours too! Contact NKTI in the numbers on the donor card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment