Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Milk Sponge Bath

Image from: www.bbcgoodfood.com


We all know the benefits of milk in our skin. Applied every other day, milk makes a very mild exfoliant that you wouldn't mind slipping onto your lips. And I believe that if it's good for your face, it's bound to be great for the body.

I know what you are thinking,  a bath tub filled with chilled milk is indeed heaven but not very practical. But this doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy this luxurious treat ala Cleopatra. You can. And I might add, at a fraction of the cost.

What you will need:

Milk (Preferably chilled) - Amount will depend on you
Face Towel - Make sure it's soft!
Dipper/Bowl

Optional:

You can also add any or all of these into the milk. I added everything last time. So good!

Lemon (Lightening of skin & scars) - If you are going to add lemon, let is sit in milk for 10 minutes

Honey (Moisturizer)

Egg white (Skin lift) - Don't discard egg yolk. Mix it with the shampoo you will use for an easy protein treatment.

What to do:

1. Put milk (and other ingredients) in bowl. (Note: If you're going to use lemon, let it sit together for 10 minutes first).  
2. Let face towel absorb milk.
3. Gently apply over skin repeatedly in the shower. (Make sure you are dry when you do this.)
4. Stay marinated in milk for awhile.
5. Rinse with water, towel dry and notice the difference!

My verdict:

For me, this is the best way to express 'I love me' yet! Well, at least from the comfort of your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment